Running the Patch
When upgrading from 10.7.x to 11.x.x user needs to download the required content for the migration process. When the user has already upgraded to 11.x.x WME Version, in that case, there is no need to download migration tar.
To download migration tar which will be shared by the WaveMaker team, please run the following command.
- Extract wme_migrations to /usr/local/content/wme/wme-installer/< version>/resources folder, for extract the content run the following command
sudo tar xvf wme_migrations.tar -C /usr/local/content/wme/wme-installer/<version>/resources/
- Run the bash script for upgrading to the desired version.
- To make https work, You need to add SSL certificates to Platform or router/dns level while configuring the setup using ConfigWizard after the Ugrade process completes in terminal, to add SSL certificates please refer ssl configuration for platform.
It takes 45-60 mins approximately. Please watch this terminal.
After successful upgrade, the script will display a URL to perform the rest of the WME setup upgrade process.
Go to http://Platform-Instance-IP:8080 as directed by the above command output to do the WME setup upgrade.
Upgrade From the Configwizard
- Select the Required services to upgrade.
- You can customize the WaveMaker studio and App Domain URLs.
- From here, You can update the ssl certificates with the respective domain.
- Update the Trust Store by selecting on Add New.
- Update the Maven and NPM reposiroty configuration files if any proceed to Upgrade the WaveMaker setup.
- After completing the patch, go to Launchpad.
- Check all User WorkspaceInstance/AppDeployment Instances status in Launchpad.
- You can start working on Studio once the Instance status has started.
- If the Instance status UPGRADE_FAILED, then there might be chances of docker version mismatch. You can upgrade docker version using Manual Docker Upgrade.
- Please upgrade the Docker version if it is older than 20.10.12 in your User WorkspaceInstance/AppDeployment Instances.
Running the UI Patch
- To run the UI upgrade in the WME setup , please use the below command.
bash /usr/local/content/wme/wme-installer/<version>/wme-installer.sh --upgrade-studioui